If the event should be publicized university wide (or broader), please see Karen for entering the event information into the Duke Calendar of events. If Karen is not available, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need immediate assistance or wish to create a local event. The event info will be displayed on the Duke calendar and then imported to the Department website via an XML feed. There may be a delay of up to 5 hours from the time the information is entered in the Duke calendar and when it appears on our site. The Duke Calendar has a word limit on their description field, which makes the description field unsuitable for storing abstracts for seminars, see the information below for editing events on the StatSci website. Adding an Abstract or Updating an Event on the StatSci Site
- Login by clicking on the link at the upper top right "Duke Statistics Login" and login with you Duke netid. If you are logged in you should see a black bar at the top and your username.
- Click on the event title. If it is not on the homepage, go to http://stat.duke.edu/events to see all upcoming events
- If you have appropriate permissions to edit, click on the Edit tab.
- Scroll down to locate the field for Abstract and enter the text for the abstract. Please note that if you are cutting/pasting from a text window that line breaks will automattically be converted to newlines in the html. For cutting and pasting plain text, please switch the input format to plain text, then paste in the abstract. You may leave it as plain text or switch it to filtered html for emails or url or full html of you need additional html formatting.
- Save or Preview, then Save.
Do not change the title, presenter or other fields in this form prior to the event if this event has been entered in the Duke calendar as the hourly imports from teh Duke calendar will overide all fields EXCEPT the Abstract field. Changes to those fields should be made on the Duke Calendar.