- A short description of my current research
- Recent research papers, presentations, my cv, or Duke's
- Current course:
- Past courses:
|STA 230/MTH 230
||Prob & Measure
|STA 250/MTH 342
||STA 961||Stoch Proc||
- Go to the Statistical Science,
Arts & Sciences,
(Today) home pages.
- Representative, Academic Council
- Representative, Arts & Sciences Council (Statistical Science, Alt)
- Member, CTMS
(Center for Theoretical and Mathematical Sciences) and its
- Member, ITAC
(Information Technology Advisory Council) and of its Steering Committee
- Core Member, LSST (Large Synoptic
ISSC (Informatics and Statistics
- Member, MADAI (Models and Data
Analysis Initiative) Collaboration (pvt)
- Member, PARISS
(Program for Advanced Research in the Social Sciences) Board
- Member, RCAC
(Research Computing Advisory Council)
- Member, USP (University
Scholars Program) Faculty Advisory
- Member, Duke/UNC Probability Group and Duke Probability Working Group.
- PI, Froggy (Focussed Research Group on Prediction & Risk of Extreme
Events) Volcano Team.
- Friend of the: Duke Lemur Center, Walking Fish CSF, Duke Park Neighborhood, Nasher Museum, NC Zoo, Cornell Ornithology lab, WCPE, WNCU,
and the Piatigorsky Foundation.
Recent and Upcoming Conferences & Presentations
Recent Research Papers
Quantifying properties of hot and dense QCD matter through systematic
model-to-data comparison, with JE Bernhard, PW Marcy, CE
Coleman-Smith, S Huzurbazar, and SA Bass (2015). Phys Rev
C. 91(5), 1-15.
Geometric representations of hypergraphs for prior specification and
posterior sampling with Simón Lunagómez and Sayan
Mukherjee (2015). In Current Trends in Bayesian Methodology with
Probabilistic quantification of hazards: A methodology using small
ensembles of physics based simulations and statistical surrogates,
with MJ Bayarri, JO Berger, ES Calder, AK Patra, EB Pitman, and ET
Stiller (2015). International J of Uncertanty
Quantification, to appear.
Dissecting galaxy formation models with sensitivity analysis-- A new
approach to constrain the Milky Way formation history with Facundo
Gómez, Chris Coleman-Smith, Brian O'Shea, and Jason
Tumlinson (2014). Astrophysical Journal 787(1), 1-18.
Automating emulator construction for geophysical hazard maps with
ET Spiller, MJ Bayarri, JO Berger, ES Calder, AK Patra, EB Pitman
(2014). Journal of Uncertainty Quantification 2(1),
Determining fundamental properties of matter created in
ultrarelativistic heavy-ion collisions, with J Novak, K Novak, SE
Pratt, J Vredevoogd, and CE Coleman-Smith. (2014). Physical Review
C 80(3), 1-23.
More papers are in the Duke Statistics
Discussion Papers list or on my curriculum