Here are directions to use PuTTY to access DSS computers remotely.
- Run PuTTY
- Enter the full hostname of the machine you want to log into in the 'Host Name' field (kilo.stat.duke.edu, for example)
- Make sure the Port field has '22' in it.
- Click the 'Open' button
- A 'PuTTY Security Alert' dialogue will pop up if this is the first time you are logging into this particular DSS machine from the Windows computer you are using. Click 'Yes' on the dialogue
- At the 'login as:' prompt, enter your DSS userid
- At the 'password:' prompt, enter your DSS password.
When you are done with the session, you can type the command 'exit' to log out of the remote computer and close the window.