The first year exam (FYE), that you must pass in order to continue in the program, covers topics presented in:
- STA 601 (290) - Modern Statistical Data Analysis
- STA 711 (205) - Probability and Measure Theory
- STA 721 (244) - Linear Models
- STA 732 (215) - Statistical Inference Part 2
- STA 831 (214) - Probability and Statistical Models
You can skip any of these classes if you feel you have sufficient background in the material covered in a particular class, but it is recommended you do the homework exercises to prepare for the first year exam.